Tuesday 14 July 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

 
So here is a little peak into my bookshelf over the past few weeks. There's an interesting spread here,
from books I bought, those I received for review and those I stole from my sister's bookcase.  
 
So diving in first with those I received for review:
 



I am lucky enough to be on the Hot Key Books Blogger List and I was asked at the start of June which books I would like to receive from their list for that month. How To Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski and Lauren Myracle and Almost Grace by Rosie Rowellrecent winner of The Banford Boase Award for her other title Leopold Blue. Both appealed to me as coming-of-age, summer road-trip/holiday stories. I quite enjoyed We Were Liars but had some serious issues with it, so my hope for HTBB is high. I'm currently half-way through AG and it's going to be my very next review. I'm enjoying it thus far, but it's just taken a turn for the odd that I'm intrigued to follow.


I also received This Is Not A Love Story by Keren David from Atom (which I previously reviewed here). I'm a huge fan of Keren and #TeamSalvage was my pick for the YA Bookseller Award.




I also won a copy of Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley from Chicken House. Circus Mirandus is about a young boy who's grandfather becomes very ill and the only hope is a mystery man from a travelling circus. I'm a sucker for anything with a circus (I have undying love for The Night Cirucs by Erin Morgenstern and Water For Elephant by Sara Gruen) so this is right up my street. And the giveaway was ridiculously fun - using the guide below, make your circus names  My circus name was Luna, The Magnificent Strong Woman.



I also received not 1, but 2 copies of The Next Together by Lauren E. James! Lauren is a fellow Nottingham Uni Alumn, and I'm super excited to read this. I'm going to be doing a giveaway of the 2nd copy at the beginning of August, so watch out! Also, isn't this a lovely print of Alice in Wonderland...




I then bought Remix by Non Pratt at Waterstones on Oxford Street, along with this amazing, beautiful, wonderful, every superlative out there for the graphic novel version of Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, with artwork by the grossly talented John Aggs.




Here is a little snap of my of my June Book Haul:




Believe it or not from the above, but June was a quiet-ish month for me. So to get to 10 books, we have to look back to May. I picked up A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I had heard so many good things about this book, and I was really in the mood for some fantasy after a lot of contemporary. I'm afraid it and I just didn't get on, just like with Throne of Glass series. I just don't think Sarah is for me sadly...



A photo posted by Rachel Kennedy (@yabberingbooklover) on



And finally, I have perused my sister's bookcase and temporarily stolen Paper Towns by John Green and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I am planning something on the run up to the release of the Paper Towns movie so keep your eyes peeled.





So those are the last 10 books that have come into my possession. It's been an awesome month, my first receiving review copies from publishers, and I have loved it! My TBR is about to explode with YALC this weekend. Follow me on Instagram for lots more bookish pics, reviews, updates and event reporting.

Bookish love,

Rachel  


4 comments:

  1. Fun list! It's a great mix of books I've never heard of and books I really, really want to read. I haven't gotten to any of these yet, but I definitely plan to at some point.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Glad you like it. Oh which had you never heard of? And if you haven't read Paper Towns yet, be advised I'm planning a read-along and movie review chat for mid-August :D

      Delete
  2. I want to read The Next Together so badly! It's one of my most anticipated reads. I requested a copy from the publisher, so my fingers are crossed that I'll get to read it early! Enjoy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystianna, You're in luck. I'm going to be running a giveaway of a signed copy of The Next Together for the first week of August. Keep your eyes peeled for it :D

      Delete